The C's failed to sweep their three-game road trip, as they suffered a 110-97 loss to the Utah Jazz.
- The Celtics held a 54-49 halftime lead, only to see the Jazz embark on a 9-0 at the start of the second half, from which they never looked back.
- Mehmet Okur, who failed to score in the first half, put in 11 of his 14 points in the pivotal third quarter in which the Jazz took control of this one. He added 15 rebounds to boot.
- The C's held a convincing 15-6 edge on the glass at the end of the first quarter, but proceeded to be out-rebounded 34-22 from that point on.
- Rajon Rondo had a tough time dealing with Derron Williams, to say the least. Williams' combination of speed and strength gave Rondo headaches for most of the evening. 22 points and 11 assists for Williams, compared to just 6 points and 6 assists for Rondo.
- Paul Pierce and Ray Allen combined to shoot 7-25 from the field. Yikes. Shots just weren't falling.
- Glen Davis put in an impressive 13 points in the first half, but failed to score over the final 24 minutes.
- No starter played more than 30 minutes tonight and Doc got ejected with just over a minute remaining.
Are you satisfied with the Celtics going 2-1 on this three game road trip? There were definitely some good moments, particularly down in Texas. Texas was good to us. The C's now begin a six-game home stand, starting with the always lethal Denver Nuggets, Wednesday at 7:00pm.