The Celtics led by nine early in the first quarter, but found themselves down by double-digits in the fourth quarter, and couldn't secure the necessary defensive stops down the stretch, as they fall to the Chicago Bulls, 90-79.
- The Celtics finished with a season-low 12 assists on 28 made baskets. The Celtics shot a mere 37.8 percent from the field.
- The Bulls out-rebounded the Celtics 48-27. There was also a noticeable difference in free throws. The Bulls took 35 and made 25, while the Celtics made just 18 of 22.
- Derrick Rose (36 points, 5 rebounds) nearly took as many free throws as the Celtics as a team (15-19 from the stripe).
- Carlos Boozer, who played much better compared to the last time we saw him, shot 9-15 from the floor and finished with 22 points and 10 rebounds.
- Paul Pierce finished with 21 points, but only one of those points came in the fourth quarter. Ray Allen, meanwhile, finished with 19 points, but was held scoreless in the fourth quarter. The Celtics, as a team, scored only 12 fourth quarter points. Boston shot 5-17 (29.4 percent) in the final frame.
- The Bulls, meanwhile, shot 9-14 from the field in the fourth quarter (64.2 percent). They were shooting 44.9 percent through three quarters and ended the game shooting 49.2 percent.
- Four of the Celtics' five starters took at least 13 shots, but only one of them (Allen) shot at least 50 percent from the field (7-13).
- The Celtics only got 10 points from the bench tonight.
- The Celtics shot just 39.5 percent in the first half and as a result trailed 46-42. The Celtics certainly benefited from the Bulls' 10 first half turnovers.
- The Celtics missed Kevin Garnett's presence inside tonight, particularly on the glass. I also chalk this one up to the Celtics playing their 8th game in the last 12 nights.
Again, tonight was the finale of a pretty grueling stretch for the still short-handed Celtics. They'll have tomorrow off (presumably to travel back to Boston. Assuming they don't fly back tonight.) and then will take on the Houston Rockets on Monday night.