UPDATE: Union files for Disclaimer
This should come as no surprise, but there's little chance that this whole thing will actually come to a close today. I'm sure we'll find out lots more interesting information (partial sarcasm there) but a simple player vote and handshake deal seems like a pipe dream at this point. If anything, we might not even know if the players are going to decertify till some time on Tuesday (if they go that route).
Sources close to decert group told #ESPN that, armed w/well over 130 needed signatures, they'll let meeting breathe and plot next move TUES
So I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but by now you should be expecting this. There's no sudden stop to this train, it just keeps going and going and going...
In case anyone is curious, I'm no longer optimistic or pessimistic - I'm numb. Just waiting for an answer.
- 'B-list' issues could cause trouble in NBA talks - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
- Agent fires back at Stern over 'greed' comment - CBSSports.com
- Players union note sticking points in owners' proposal, sources say - ESPN
- First Cup: Monday - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN
- NBA lockout -- Players union note sticking points in owners' proposal, sources say - ESPN
- NBA players meet today to discuss latest offer from owners
- The NBA’s terrible offer, and the NBA Players Association’s response - Ball Don't Lie