Let's start with the potentially big news:
If the deal goes through, the Knicks use amnesty on Chauncey Billups and move Ronny Turiaf to make room for Chandler, sources say.
If this happens, it would seem to take the Knicks out of the running for Chris Paul or Dwight Howard next year. This can only be good news to Celtics fans. The bad news? It would strengthen a division rival, and could potentially lead to Chauncey Billups becoming a free agent (and inevitably signing with the Heat or Lakers). But hey, Chauncey could always head to Dallas in a sign-and-trade. Stay tuned.
In other news:
- Shane Battier is signing with the Heat, as is Eddy Curry
- Caron Butler reportedly agrees to terms with the Clippers (3 years, $24 million)
- Chuck Hayes is on the verge of a 4 year, $20 million deal with the Kings
- Greg Oden is accepting the Blazers' qualifying offer
- Grant Hill is close to signing with the Knicks
- The Lakers are signing Jason Kapono, and have contacted Delonte West
- Jason Collins and Tracy McGrady are signing with the Hawks
- Tayshaun Prince is getting 4 years, $27 million from the Pistons
- Mike Dunleavy, Jr. is headed to Milwaukee (2 years, $7.5 million)