Well, if we are going to be down 2 games to none, I'm at least happy to report that the Lakers are also down 0-2. Oh, and they dropped both of those games at home! Here's a blurb from the recap (more to come from the MSM I'm sure).
Kobe Bryant scored 23 points for the Lakers, who hadn’t lost the first two games of a playoff series since the 2008 NBA finals—also the last series they lost. Only three NBA teams have come back to win a best-of-seven series after losing the first two at home, where dismayed fans sent the Lakers off with boos and jeers.
After hearing so much last year about how Phil Jackson never lost a playoff series where his team won the first game, I wonder what his record is in series when he loses the first two at home.
Of course if any team is going to collapse after a commanding playoff lead it would be the Mavericks, but let's not dwell on that for long.
Go Mavericks! Go Dirk! Go Cuban! Beat LA!
Bonus schadenfreude links:
- Ron Artest will get suspended for clothesline on Barea | ProBasketballTalk
- Magic Johnson On Lakers Vs. Mavericks: 'Their Chances Are Slim' - SBNation.com
- The Point Forward " Posts Credit Dallas for pushing Lakers in 0-2 hole
- Video: Ron Artest gets physical, ejected as the Lakers drop Game 2 - Ball Don't Lie
- Dirk blasts Lakers again, sends Mavs to 2-0 lead - NBA - Yahoo! Sports