Debate the merits of "Hero Ball" all you want, but when the clock is winding down, Paul Pierce is just one of the best in the world at making that elbow jumper.
Talk about a game of runs. The Celtics built up leads, let the Magic back in the game, built up another lead, let them back in, and so on.
Thankfully Paul Pierce continues to do whatever it takes to win basketball games. He stepped up with a career high 14 assists, playing the Rajon Rondo role very nicely. And of course when he needed to score, he delivered.
Another step-up performance was provided by Avery Bradley, who was the benefactor of many of Pierce's passes.
- Hats off to Big Baby for a big night against his old friends. I thought KG would eat him alive without Howard in there, but he got his points and did his taking-charges thing. Not to mention a huge steal and breakaway dunk in the final minute.
- Some more huge blocked shots by Greg Stiemsma tonight.
- Odd plus/minus stat of the night: KG was a minus 12 Stiemsma was a plus 16.
- Sasha Pavlovic started but got zero points and 3 fouls in 23 minutes. Yuck.
- Nice games by KG and Bass as well.
Nice to get the win without Ray or Rondo. I guess we just wrapped up the Atlantic. Ho hum, no big deal. Next!