If the Celtics lose on Saturday night, I'll be sad but not shocked. If they win I'll be relieved and elated but never surprised. I keep saying that nothing would surprise me from these Celtics but that's being a bit too simplistic. There are some things that would surprise me.
- It wouldn't surprise me if we got step-up performances from Pierce, Garnett, and Rondo in the same game and won game 7 going away.
- It would surprise me if all 3 of those guys had solid games and the team still lost.
- It wouldn't surprise me if the Celtics once again get good looks but can't buy a bucket and the Heat win game 7.
- It would surprise me if the Heat won without withstanding one more epic comeback keyed by the defense.
- It wouldn't surprise me to see LeBron James completely disappear in game 7 (and by disappear, I mean only score 25 points).
- It would surprise me if both James and Wade were quiet in game 7.
- It wouldn't surprise me to see Rajon Rondo get a triple double in a Celtics victory.
- It would surprise me to see Rondo get a triple double and lose (or say, score 44 points and lose again).
- It wouldn't surprise me to see one of the bench players step up and have a huge game (Dooling, Pietrus, or Daniels most likely).
- It would surprise me to see very much of that bench if the game is at all close. It's all or nothing at this point.
- It wouldn't surprise me to see Paul Pierce finally snap out of his shooting slump and have a Truth game.
- It would surprise me if he had a game like that and the Celtics actually lost it.
- It wouldn't surprise me to see Kevin Garnett crawling on all 4's, barking at the Heat, biting the padding on the side of the basket, and howling at the rafters.
- It would surprise me if he doesn't get 20 points and 10 rebounds two games in a row.
- It wouldn't surprise me to see Ray Allen miss every shot except a dagger at the end of the game that wins it for us.
- It would surprise me (sadly) to see Ray Allen have one of those games he used to have where he can't miss and gets 5 or 6 three pointers. (Please surprise me Ray)
- It wouldn't surprise me if Doc Rivers said "I don't need to give any motivational speeches. These guys know what's at stake and what they need to do."
- It would surprise me if any single person in that locker room wouldn't run through walls and leave every last ounce of energy out on the floor for him.
- It wouldn't surprise me to see the Celtics win or lose on Saturday night.
- It would surprise me if they went down without a fight. That simply won't happen.
I don't know what's coming up next but I know I'll be on the edge of my seat all night long.
Let's Go Celtics!