The participants for each All-Star Saturday Night competition were officially revealed on Thursday evening, and by the looks of the names comprising the three fields, this year's event shouldn't disappoint.
Don't tell Kelly Olynyk that, though. as the Toronto native was not chosen to compete in the three-point contest despite the campaigning efforts of both the Celtics organization and his teammates.
Boston won't go unrepresented, however.
Prior to the big game on Sunday, Isaiah Thomas will be competing in his second straight Skills Challenge. And since last year's edition didn't go so well for him -- he was bounced in the first round -- the first-time All-Star will get a chance to make up for his poor performance.
Here's a look at all the players invited to take part, separated by contest (asterisks denote reigning champion):
Taco Bell Skills Challenge
- Patrick Beverley, Houston Rockets*
- DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento Kings
- Jordan Clarkson, Los Angeles Lakers
- Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
- Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors
- CJ McCollum, Portland Trail Blazers
- Isaiah Thomas, Boston Celtics
- Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves
Foot Locker Three-Point Contest
- Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns
- Chris Bosh, Miami Heat
- Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors*
- James Harden, Houston Rockets
- Kyle Lowry, Toronto Raptors
- Khris Middleton, Milwaukee Bucks
- JJ Redick, Los Angeles Clippers
- Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors
Sprite Slam Dunk Contest
- Will Barton, Denver Nuggets
- Andre Drummond, Detroit Pistons
- Aaron Gordon, Orlando Magic
- Zach LaVine, Minnesota Timberwolves*
Again, this year's festivities are sure to excite. But Olynyk should absolutely be in that three-point contest.
You could make the case that Olynyk is more deserving than Bosh who, despite being a really good three-point shooter in his own right, is only making 0.3 more threes per game than Olynyk right now; not to mention the fact Olynyk shoots 41.7 percent from beyond the arc to Bosh's 36.6 percent.
It's truly a shame Olynyk won't be able to experience an All-Star Weekend in the city he grew up in.