In 2004, one of the most important websites in the history of the Internet was born...
I looked around for some other interesting “On this day” facts about March 30, 2004. Here’s what I came up with.
- "Alias" actress Jennifer Garner divorced actor Scott Foley
- Usher’s “Yeah!” was number one on the billboard charts. (featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris)
That’s about it for the exact day. There was a little more if you expand the search to the whole year of 2004:
- On April 1st, Google launches Gmail, which was met with skepticism due to the launch date.
- The TV shows Friends and Frazier each aired their final episodes.
- The show LOST kicked off their first season.
- That year Tom Brady and the Patriots had just won their 2nd title.
- Eli Manning was the first pick in the NFL draft.
- The Red Sox rallied from being down 0-3 to beat the Yankees and of course went on to win their first World Series in 86 years.
- The Pistons beat the Lakers “superteam” of Kobe, Shaq, Malone, and Payton 4-1.
- Dwight Howard was drafted 1st overall in the NBA Draft.
- The Celtics selected Al Jefferson, Delonte West, and Tony Allen.
- On a personal note, I got married that year too!
Famous Birthdays on March 30th include:
- Vincent Van Gogh
- Celine Dion
- Eric Clapton
- Warren Beatty
- MC Hammer
- and our own Bobby Manning! (Happy Birthday Bobby!)
Thank you once again to everyone that makes this blog such an awesome place to be a part of. So many people have contributed over the years that it is impossible to name everyone and not forget someone. Not to mention all the wonderful people that choose to read and take part in the community here. Thank you all.