In the interests of blogger development, a few folks in the chat have asked for some guides or tips and tricks to help utilize all the aspects of the blog’s functionality. As such, I’ve put together a few pointers and some “how to” step-by-step instructions to help out the people in need. Hopefully we can use this as a collective resource and add to it over time.
This is fairly straight forward: simple place the @ symbol at the start of the text and place the @ symbol at end of the text you wish to make sarcastic.
For example: @Bird Rights is a legend@
With the immediacy of our news these days, Twitter is a great resource for finding NBA general news and Celtics news as it happens. Follow the step by step and graphic to help you out.
- Find the tweet you like and hover over the MORE corner arrow located below.
- Then click the “Embed Tweet” button.
- After you click that, a pop out window will show the Embed Script. Copy the script text.
- In the CelticsBlog comment text field, simply paste the script text.
- Preview the comment to make sure everything works ok and Viola!
Everyone should try and get into the habit of sizing images appropriately. Scrolling through 200 or so comments and having large images can be unwieldy, and may tend to ruin the viewing experience for others by filling an entire screen, taking up more space than necessary.
Your image attachment icon at the comment form doesn’t give you this option, but you can manually input a more appropriate size. Swap the “alt” tag with “width” and use a value between 300 to 400. For Example:
Just a friendly reminder to keep your comments PG and on topic. The use of swearing, implied swearing and ad hominem attacks on others will not be tolerated. If you are unsure, please familiarize yourself once more with the CB guidelines located here.
- Respect each other at all times.
- Keep this site family friendly. No profanity, no sexual content, no illegal activity.
- Don’t be a jerk, and don’t ruin CelticsBlog for others.
- Have fun!
- For all of the specifics, see our detailed rules below.
Part Two: We’ll look at SBNation friendly GIF sites and some good Twitter follows for Celtics content.