A lot has happened over the last 72 hours, from Hayward’s contract decision being delayed, to the draft, and then back to Hayward’s decision again. In today’s episode of the CelticsPod, we touch on;
- Hayward’s decision to opt-out, and what options arise because of that decision
- Semi Ojeleye’s team option being picked-up
- Brad Wanamaker not receiving a QO
- Tacko Fall and Tremont Water’s both receiving QO’s and what those offers mean
- Drafting Aaron Nesmith with the 14th pick and our initial reaction to him becoming a Celtic
- Taking Payton Pritchard at 26th, and what we hope to see from him
This episode was recorded prior to the Vincent Poirier trade, meaning we will cover this on Monday’s release.
Brenden was slightly disappointed in Boston’s draft haul, while I am, and remain, confident in the players selected and the thought process behind those selections.
There’s going to be a lot more to react to over the coming hours and days, and we will try to get episodes recorded as quickly as possible when any important news becomes available.
You can also find the CelticsPride podcasts Draft Night reactions on the same feed, where Adam and Josh Motenko along with Mike Minkoff, give their instant thoughts on the Celtics performance on draft night.
If you’re new to the show, the CelticsPod airs three times a week, on a Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. While CelticsPride is brought to you every Tuesday.
You can find the CelticsBlog podcast on all major podcast providers, and today’s show is linked below.