It seems like this series was destined all along. From the start it seemed like Philly was a matchup nightmare for the Celtics with all their size, talent, and defensive potential. Things went sideways for the Sixers this year and a lot of things have broken right for the Celtics with the development of Tatum and Brown. Then the Sixers lost Ben Simmons and things look pretty dark for Philly.
Will it be addition by subtraction (not that Simmons isn’t an excellent player - just that things might fit better focusing on Embiid)? Or will the Celtics have a relatively easy time of it?
I’d like to hear your thoughts in the comments below. Make your predictions:
- Who wins the series? (in how many games) - also see poll below
- Who will be the series MVP?
- How many points will Tatum average?
- How many Celtics will average over 20 points per game?
- How many offensive fouls will Marcus Smart draw?
- How many times will Embiid be called for technicals?
- Which players in the Celtics regular season rotation will spend most of their time on the bench?
- How many times will we see Deuce on the broadcast?
- (feel free to make up your own)
Who will win the series?
This poll is closed
Celtics in 4
Celtics in 5
Celtics in 6
Celtics in 7
Sixers in 7
Sixers in 6
Sixers in 5
Sixers in 4