I was asleep in bed by the time this game started so I'm looking at the box score while drinking my coffee this morning. Here are some things that stand out to me:
- Good 126-112 win or the Celtics. They need to string wins together now.
- Glad to see they were led by their two stars. Jayson Tatum had 34 and Jaylen Brown had 27.
- Also good to see that all the starters scored in double figures. The Celtics need that balanced scoring.
- Luke Kornet must have earned a few Tommy Points. He comes off the bench for 18 minutes and pulls down five rebounds, three offensive. But the big surprise is that he scored 11 points. Who said he was offensively challenged?
- Blake Griffin earned some Tommy Points too. He comes off the bench and plays 14 minutes and gets nine rebounds and a steal. He scored just one basket of his own, but his effort made a big contribution.
- Dame got 41. I guess it was a down game for him.
- Did the Celtics relax in the fourth quarter? They had an 18-point lead but got out scored in the final quarter, 42-37. It's not getting outscored by five points, it's the fact that they gave up 42 points.
- Did Mike Muscala say something wrong?
What did you notice?